Eco friendly pest control
Solutions for the ecological control of pests in your garden or garden
For the ecological control of pests and diseases both in the garden and the garden, it is essential to put in place a series of tools and techniques that we have at our disposal that are very simple to apply and that little by little, with observation, you will be dominating.
You will be able to cultivate healthy and sustainable horticultural and ornamental plants without using products harmful to your health and to the environment, one of the main characteristics of organic or organic agriculture.
How to control pests in an organic garden and garden
There are some very common pests that affect the majority of plants that we grow to which we can give natural solution and enjoy our garden and garden at its peak.
To prevent pests it is important that we take into account something as simple as the association of crops. This will help us prevent many of the pests, but not all, especially if we do not have much experience in horticulture or gardening.
The greater variety of insects, birds, reptiles, etc. In our garden or garden there will be greater possibilities for these communities to self-regulate, for the ecosystem to be balanced and we will not have problems due to the appearance of pests. Keep in mind that the majority of insects and other living things that we will find are very important and beneficial in ecological or organic agriculture. That is why it is very important to take advantage of the auxiliary fauna and create spaces to which they can go, as is the case of ponds and promote biodiversity.
Another important point to prevent the progression of pests is to check the plants regularly. Sometimes, identifying pests in the early stages of development will be useful to prevent serious damage to plants. Look well at the back or back of the leaves and possible discolorations in these or areas with brightness.
Join other gardeners who are already enjoying their organic gardens with the help of our book “Urban gardens and macetohuertos” in which you find much useful information on urban ecological horticulture, do not run out!
What is possibly the greenest way to fight a plague? With insects or others that are large enough, we can grab them directly, this can be done in the case of worms, some beetles or snails (mollusks).
– Ecological remedies for pests of ants, bugs, aphids, whitefly, worms and caterpillars> is very useful cupete remedies or tajetes. Make a preparation based on this magnificent and useful plant and you can prevent and fight the pests mentioned above without problems. Many of the birds that we can find in a garden and in a garden are insectivores and are the natural predators of worms and caterpillars. Lavender infusion is also effective in fighting ants.
– Ecological remedies for pests of mites, moths, aphids, beetles, worms, flies and mosquitoes> you can prevent and fight very easily with a plant that you surely use in some of your cooking recipes: basil. Prepare this solution as indicated and apply it in your garden and garden to combat pests. Remember that ladybugs or vaquitas are the natural predators of aphids. Another natural and home remedy for this type of pests is the laurel, you can see how to prepare it and use it here.
– Ecological remedies for pests of aphids, snails and slugs. In the case of the aphid, it sprays very cold water on the plants with the pest. It is very important that the water is very very cold for it to take effect. It is good to know that shingles and ducks are the natural predators of snails. In addition, for the three cases you can use the diatomaceous earth could be another option for this type of pests. We can also make a paste with white clay or kaolin and water and apply it on the leaves and stem to repel these insects.
– Ecological remedies for pests of whitefly, larvae, aphids and mites> For these pests is effective this homemade spray that you can prepare. It is easy to do and apply, and best of all, it is effective. You can also try neem (follow the manufacturer’s instructions). The neem is also effective for the pests of the pumpkin bug.
– Ecological remedies for pests of red spider, cochineal, mites, aphids and other sucking insects> dilute a teaspoon of neutral soap (you can do it yourself) in a liter of water and spray the affected plants twice a day for 3 days. A week later, spray twice a day two days in a row. This onion preparation helps you eliminate aphids. For the pillbugs and red spiders you have these remedies. The natural aphid predators will be our ally, these are some.
– Ecological remedies for field mice, thrips, potato beetle, wireworm or nematodes> These types of pests are also common and we should know that there are ways to repel and combat them without using toxins. See this article to know how to do it. And for nematodes in particular you also have other options, you can see them here.